Saturday, November 14, 2009

Settling In

Well, the weekend is here for our first week of working with Fr Beiting. Elaine and I have been fairly busy these first few days. Partially, just getting settled in our new home.

We made a deal before leaving Kalamazoo, anything that did not fit in the back of the CRV was not going to come with us to Louisa. With just a little effort, all the items we had collected in the living room over the weeks leading up to our departure, all fit in the CRV. Elaine did a good job of packing what was needed. A few quick runs to Wal*Mart once we were in Louisa and everything was in place here at our new home.

Thus far, we have attended mass each day. I have read the Gospel each day and preached once already. This weekend I will be preaching at the Sunday services, since Fr Anthony, who just arrived from India is working on his English. Fr Beiting is gone on one of his many mission appeals out of state. This coming week, Elaine and I will be talking to a group on Marriage and I will be talking to the RCIA group on the final part of the Creed, which is one of my favorite topics.

We are excited about being part of Fr Beiting’s Appalachian Mission Center! There is much work to be done to further the Kingdom and we hope to help even it is just a little bit.

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying the updates. Maybe you'll like blogging so much that you can blog your sermons and we can all share in your wisdom. :) I think of you often and keep you both in my prayers. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Kelly is onto somehting with the sharing of you sermans with us :-). I am glad that it is going well for the both of you, and I have a feeling that you are going to help more than a "little bit".

    ReplyDelete