Friday, November 13, 2009

The “Eagle” (Vogel = “bird” in German) has landed!...






We arrived safely and without incident to our new home. Elaine and I were pleasantly surprised on the accommodations. We are sharing a two bedroom, one bath home with Dale, our new housemate. There is a nice size kitchen and eating area, with two large living areas. Praise the Lord, there is a washer and dryer as well! Our new home overlooks the river, with a small waterfall/rapids less than 100 yards away. The echo of the water flowing helps to drown out the numerous trains which pass close by each night.

Ok, we are still getting the hang of this new age blogger thing, so we hope to have more appealing blogs and pictures in the future ....

6 comments:

  1. Rick and Elaine,

    Glad that you arrived safely and that you are getting settled in. The river and waterfalls sounds really cool. You will have to let us know what kinds of things that you are doing with the church or in outreach to the communities that you will be working with.

    We are gearing up for Thanksgiving here with the delivery of all of the baskets. Some of the Christmas giving trees are already up and the season Advent is rapidly approaching.

    I will try to let you know what is going on in the Deaconate community. Let me know if you are getting the Deacon Beacon.

    Peace and blessings,

    Deacon Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to your new home and the blogging community. I am so glad that you decided to blog, so I can follow your adventure. By no means am I an expert, but if you have any questions, I would be happy to work on it with you.
    Besides teh train, the accomodations seem real nice. I LOVE the view from your home, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home away from home looks very cozy. Thanks for sharing this experience with all of us. God Bless, Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made safely and were able to pack what you needed. Nice to see the pictures and have an idea of where you are living. Blessings to you both. It sounds like you have hit the ground running and will be very busy.
    Peace Judy and George

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a test as I'm trying to set up some sort of account so I can comment --it erased my last rather lengthy letter---so I'll try again...

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK-got that fixed---I'm so sorry we did not say goodbye officially--I was in South Bend at a class and I think "the husband" was probably too shy!! So glad to receive pictures so we can "see" you as we follow your antics. What an adventure--thanks to technology we can follow along with you...Peace and all good. xxx sbk

    ReplyDelete