Sunday, January 10, 2010

A new year....

I am finally get refocused on our mission after spending the last few weeks enjoying family, friends and the holidays. We do have snow on the ground, and it is cold, and I did ask myself a few times, "Now why am I here and not enjoying sunny Florida"?.....I do know that I am where I am suppose to be!!! God has been calling me, and I finally said YES - What a great feeling that is. My hope while working for Fr. Beiting is to bring people closer to God - in essence - to further the Kingdom of God. I hope I can - or really I should say I can as long as I allow God to continue to lead me.

One quick item I feel compelled to address since so many of you have mentioned that you have been donating to Fr. Beiting for years. FBAMC is not the same as the Christian Appalachian Project(CAP). Fr. Beiting began/founded CAP decades ago, but they separated paths probably 15 years ago. CAP still is in the area and is still doing great work, but Fr. Beiting is no longer associated with them. He began Father Beiting Appalachian Mission Center when he left CAP. I only mention this because so many of you thought your were giving to Fr. Beiting and the mission we were working with and that is not the case if you were donating to CAP. If you want more information on FBAMC or want your contribution to go to his mission, please check out this web site. www.fatherbeiting.org (copy and paste if need to)

No comments:

Post a Comment